Monday, April 10, 2023

The School of Art

Yesterday the friend I visited in the hospital on Saturday, Isa, passed away.  I'll remember her smile and sweet conversations the most.  Hug your loved ones.  

Some happy things from today:

  • This morning my friend Kimberly and I walked to the studio. With the warmer weather and sunshine I'm having a better time being outside. Having company is helping too.  We saw a hawk resting in front of a church.
Hawk.

The Merrimac River.

  • Keziah, Dennis, and Gideon met us at the studio. We got a tour of the four buildings there. The architecture and details in the mansion always fascinates me. Things like every fireplace being unique but also the door hinges, knobs, and locks being decorated.
Gideon art hanging outside the gallery.

Inside the Mansion.

One of the fireplaces.

Ceilings in the attic.

The sycamore tree.

  • Last year I took a ceramics class at the art studio.  Today I collected a piece that I had missed when getting everything else.  It has been bisqued, but I still need to glaze it.  That will be for another day.  



Finished listening to: Angela’s Ashes, by Frank McCourt

Currently reading: An Elderly Lady Must Not Be Crossed, by Helene Thursten

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...