Saturday, November 25, 2023

Black Friday

Some happy things from today:

  • I did absolutely no shopping.
  • The Friday after Thanksgiving is a work day for me.  They basically have us do a part day on Thanksgiving and a part day after to do one day's work.  Friday is not my normal day but mandatory extended time because of the season.  What that means is that there were two crews in.  A manager told me that they only expected about 60% of the people staffed to show up.  We all came.  There were so many people that we got way ahead of ourselves with the work.  Eventually, many people left and just a small crew stayed to finish up.  I am one of the people that stayed.  It was a nice short workday.
  • Keziah's store was open for Black Friday.  She said she had wonderful sales today (all the fabric is half priced).  She had Zeke helping her and didn't need me to come in.  I'm so proud of her and all she is accomplishing.  
  • Instead of the sunset, I got to see a little of the sunrise on my way to work.  

Finished listening to: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes, by Suzanne Collins

Currently listening to: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain.   (This library audio book is only available for a few days.  Since I started listening to it months ago, I hope to finish it over the weekend.  The waiting list is long.)

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...