Friday, November 3, 2023

Store Happenings

Happy Friday things:

  • On the first Friday of the month, Keziah’s store, DIY Craft & Thrift, is open until 8 PM instead of 6.  That night the city has a theme of some kind and lots of other stores stay open late too.  Tonight the theme was Arts.  Keziah set up a couple tables with coloring sheets with crayons, colored pencils, and markers.  Kids enjoyed getting to sit and color for a while.  They could take home their work or hang it on the wall to display for November. 

  • The building that Keziah's store is in used to be a CVS.  She only uses a small part of the area.  For November and December the rest is being rented out to pop-up artists and craftspeople.  One of them is a friend of ours.  It is kind of weird to be in the store with so many other people.  It is louder.  One of the artists will be bringing his dog occasionally.  She is the nicest pet.  She came to see me often for pets.  Later, while I was eating, she came over, started to smell what I had, then realized it was human food.  She stayed back, looking at me occasionally with this side eye that said, "I see you, I'm ignoring you, are you done yet?"  
  • I came into the store tonight and someone had written on the sequin wall.  It is nice to see the goodness in people.  It says, "This store is awesome."  I even captured Zed and Keziah in the picture. 

Currently reading: Year of the Griffin, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...