Saturday, November 4, 2023

Crown

Happy things from today:

  • It was an SCA event day.  Keziah went to an Arts and Sciences event in Connecticut.  Gideon and I went to Massachusetts.  The three of us left very early and got to see a beautiful orange sky as the sun rose.  We drove together to Nashua, NH.  Then Keziah went with a friend to Connecticut, and Gideon and I picked up a friend to go to Massachusetts. 


  • Gideon, our friend, and I went to breakfast next.  I decided to be good and ordered an omelet instead of French toast.  A good breakfast was the right way to start off our day.
  • The event we went to was Crown Tourney.  Last month the new King and Queen stepped up.  This month their successors were chosen by winning the day's fights. In this case a man fought for a man so we have two Princes.  It was a good day with good friends.
  • I met someone today who is a metal craftsmen.  He gave a buckle he made to me and one to my friend.  He also showed us a spur that was made in the 1350's or thereabouts (I think).  He had this spur in a box with the things he made.  It seemed like it should be in a museum, but we all got to hold and look at it.  Pretty cool.  I should have taken a picture of it.  Here is the buckle he made:
  • Gideon came to the event with me so he could be there when some of his friends got Tiger's Cub awards.  It was a long day for all of us, but he was especially ready to leave when the event was over.
  • After dinner we dropped off our friend in Nashua and picked Keziah up.  On the drive home we all got to share stories from our event experiences. 
More pictures from the day:











Currently reading: Year of the Griffin, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...