Monday, November 27, 2023

Books

Happy Monday things:

  • This morning I went on a search for the next book to listen to.  There were a few that I put a hold on and two that I borrowed.  One of those was not an audio book, but a children's picture book.  After reading it I loved it so much that I wanted Keziah to read it.  She found it online with someone reading it.  I'm not sure if this is the same recording, but if you have an extra five minutes or less, here is a link to My Powerful Hair.  
  • The book I started listening to today, Blizzard, is about a blizzard storm in 1888 that hit the east coast of the United States.  It is also aimed at children, but older ones. It seems the author did a lot of research of newspapers and diaries from that time.
  • Last night,  it rained.  When I looked outside this morning the sky still had some colors from the sunrise and there were little water droplets hanging from the trees. 

Late part of sunrise

Started listening to: Blizzard! The Storm That Changed America, by Jim Murphy.

Read: My Powerful Hair, by Carole Lindstrom.  Illustrations by Steph Littlebird.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...