Sunday, June 18, 2023

Archery

Happy things for today:

  • This morning when I woke up I had a goal. It was my intention to make it to archery practice this morning. Not only did I make it to practice, but I was on time. I even remembered to stretch before I shot. My highest Royal Round score (total of four different shoots) was 38. I’m not a great archer, maybe if I make it to practice more often.  This score was just a little lower than last year's average so I am happy with it.
The first round and every arrow scored.
That was the only time that happened.
My arrows are the long ones.

My one shot in the gold!

  • It turns out that yesterday I finished watching the series Family Affair from the late 1960’s. I realized this when I wanted to watch something short today. Instead I started watching the new series Rise of the Pink Ladies which is based on the movie Grease. I like it, but the episodes are an hour long which will make it hard to turn off when I should be going to bed.
  • After archery I went for a nice walk with my friend, Amy. We saw a turtle. We also made sure to stay off the thin ice on the pond. 😉



  • Keziah, Zed, and Gideon made it home safely from their adventure in Canada this weekend.  They brought me back a can of maple syrup and a pretty necklace.


  • When I left to go to archery there were three red rose buds. When I came home from the walk one was starting to open. There seem to be a lot of blossoms this year and I wonder if that has to do with all the pruning I did early in the spring.





Finished listening to: In Pieces, by Sally Field.

Started listening to: Becoming, by Michelle Obama.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay Safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...