Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Basil

Some happy things from today:

  • It is Wednesday so that means I have worked two-thirds of my week. One day left and it will be my weekend.
  • Last year I went gluten-free for a few months. I am trying to reduce my gluten now rather than completely cutting it out. Part of my reason for this is that I like the convenience of fast food on the weekends and when I go to SCA events. Fast food often means gluten for me. One exception is the baked potato at Wendy’s. To save myself some money I bought some potatoes for my after work meal. I cooked it in the microwave to save time and it didn't come out horrible. There was a dry spot that I think I could fix by flipping the potato half way through. I put some butter and cheese on it and it was good.
  • Last week when it was really hot my plants could have used more water. I lost some of the peppermint. The basil seems to be doing okay though. It is almost time to start using some of the basil!




Currently listening to: Revelations of Divine Love, by Julian of Norwich

Currently reading: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, by Lori Gottlieb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...