Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Boxing Day

We don't tend to celebrate Boxing Day, but here are some happy things from the day:

  • Yesterday, I stayed in bed too long.  Today I actually slept in.  Keziah woke me up a little before nine this morning.  I know that I needed to sleep. I'm glad I got some sleep. I hope I can get to sleep this afternoon because I have work tonight.  Sleep is good and important.
  • We went through a bunch of cardboard boxes that have been waiting to be recycled, and got them to the recycling center.  This is nothing like the traditional way to celebrate Boxing Day.  It was good to clear some things out.


  • I stepped outside to the back yard parking area and looked at the property.  I saw leafless trees with the sun shining on them, birds flitting about and singing, some evergreens supplying a burst of color amid the light browns and grays of the snowless winter landscape.

Currently listening to: Robin, by Dave Itzkoff.  

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...