Sunday, December 10, 2023

Head's Pond

This morning I woke early to try to stay closer to my work schedule.  Part of my early morning was texting with my ex-husband.  Today is his birthday and we keep in touch.  What I wanted to do today is go for a walk.  I decided to try a trail I haven't been on before in Hooksett.  The parking lot is about halfway way between home and work.  It is a rail trail.  Here are some happy things I found along the way:

  • People smiling and sharing a greeting as we passed one another.  The first “Hi” I got was from a young boy on a bicycle.  The last from an older gentleman with a rather large camera.  It was a beautiful walk, but it started to rain towards the end.  I hope the older gentleman was able to keep his camera dry.  Thinking back, the older gentleman probably wasn't much older than me, if at all.
  • Not too far along the trail I was surprised to see a decorated Christmas tree.  Apparently someone has been decorating this tree since 2013.  If I make it back there before the holiday, I'll try to bring an ornament.
  • It was nice to hear the birds singing in the distance.  I saw two birds.  One I couldn't identify and one was a nuthatch.
  • This is New Hampshire, so there are rocks.  One rock I saw reminded me of a frog or Jabba the Hutt.
  • There was another rock that stuck up tall and has been adorned by locals with graffiti.  I'm usually not big on graffiti unless it is truly art.  There was something about this rock that seemed a little more special though.  I'm not sure why.
  • Near the parking lot, the trail goes under the road and continues for about another quarter of a mile.  I only went a little bit in that direction because it started to rain.

Here are some pictures from my walk today:







The trees on both sides of the path bend toward the middle, forming a bit of an archway. 





Jabba the Frog Rock


Under the road.

Beautiful stone work.

I walked slowly,
Stopping to smell the breeze.


Listening to: Ridgeline, by Michael Punke. 

Also listening to: How to Win Friends & Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...