Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Wooly Bear

It seemed like a very long night at work. After I ran errands and started to watch a movie. When I sat down to write this, I came up with one thing. Generally I try to find more, but I am tired and want to sleep before going back to work tonight. The happy thing for today is about the wooly bear caterpillar:


Back in October a friend posted on their Facebook about the wooly bear caterpillar and how it predicts the winter weather. Here is a screen shot of the chart:





As fate would have it I had recently seen a wooly bear caterpillar and took a picture. So in the middle of October, this particular caterpillar seemed to predict that the winter would start harsh and become mild and looked like this:





Today, I saw another one. I was surprised to see a caterpillar out in December. According to this one, we are in for a mild winter. It looked like this:




Perhaps I am just a bit skeptical, but I’m having a hard time believing that the caterpillar colors can predict the winter. That the caterpillar is still out in December suggests a mild winter to me though. The first caterpillar was seen about ten miles north of the one today, which could account for the difference in winter predictions. Unfortunately, I most likely won’t remember this in the spring to see how it all turned out. However, it is fun to think about.




Listening to: Ridgeline, by Michael Punke.

Also listening to: How to Win Friends & Influence People, by Dale Carnegie.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...