Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Ash Wednesday

Happy things from today:

  • Somehow, the last few weeks I've been able to find happy things at work. Things other than my work week is two-thirds of the way over. Today for our lunch break they served waffles and pancakes. I assume this has to do with yesterday being Pancake Tuesday. They even had real maple syrup and fruit to go with them.
  • Yesterday's Pancake Tuesday means that today is Ash Wednesday and the first day of Lent. I'm not doing anything special for Lent this year. Interestingly, that alone makes me happy.
  • As a member of the Safety Committee I got to be what they are calling a Safety Champion today. Every day a few people are chosen to walk around during the pick and stage process at work and offer to help lift heavy boxes or push the carts– things to be helpful and promote safety. It was a busy time and I enjoyed having that brief interaction with the people to help them out. The time seemed to go faster too which was nice.
  • The cold medication I took today seemed to help relieve any major symptoms. Yay!
  • Before Keziah left to visit her dad, she gave Gideon and I a late Valentine's Day gift.  Gideon got the chocolates and I get the box.  The back story is that I am portrayed as a llama occasionally in a comic strip that a friend puts together.  




Currently listening to: The Wedding Dress Sewing Circle, by Jennifer Ryan

Currently reading: Unenchanted, by Chanda Hahn

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...