Friday, February 17, 2023

Family

Today's happy things:

  • For reasons that I don't quite understand, putting on my new work safety vest showing that I am on the safety committee made me very happy. I didn't get it until the end of the day. It has pockets. After I ate I moved things around so I have things in my pockets and pins on the vest and my name badge displayed in a window pocket made just for that.  Next week will be the first time I'll wear it for a shift.  


  • A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to look for things at work to be happy for. I think I should have done that a while ago. It has been a good thing so far. We are installing some automated processes at work and today I was trained a bit more on those. As with any new process, there will be a period of adjustment. I feel that this is going to make some parts of the job easier and some harder. I look forward to learning more about it.
  • It is Thursday and because I don’t work tonight I take a nap and get up for dinner with the family. Keziah and Zed were away last weekend and then my work week started so this was the first time we all sat together for a meal in a long time. I’m really happy and grateful for the opportunity I have to live with one of my children and their family.


Currently listening to: The Becoming, by Nora Roberts

Currently reading: Unenchanted, by Chanda Hahn

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...