Monday, September 25, 2023

Cars

 Some happy things from today:

  • This morning just after 8 AM I got a call from Keziah.  The Prius broke down, they were four houses down, come walk toward us.  So I did.  There were two police cars there.  A fire vehicle showed up just after me.  There was oil on the road and a small puddle.  Apparently there was also a bunch of blue smoke when it happened.  The car was in the shop last week getting inspected and some things fixed.  Yesterday, the van went into the shop for inspection.  We are without transportation.  The happy part in this?  AAA showed up very quickly and gave Keziah and Zed a ride to the store.  We have close friends that were able to get Keziah to an appointment this morning.  These are things to be thankful for.
  • Again, our cat Winston, decided to friend me today.  He actually stayed on my lap for a few minutes before going to perch on the couch behind my head.



  • When Gideon came home from school we snuggled for a bit and discussed car problems and other things.  We will be replacing the Prius.  He took it well.  

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...