Friday, September 29, 2023

Happy Michaelmas

Happy Michaelmas!  I ate some goose today, I didn't like it (it was a paté), but I had it anyway.  It is said that if you have goose on Michaelmas that you will not want for money in the year to come.  Or something like that.  Here is a link for more information. 

Here are some other happy things from today:

One of the things my therapist keeps reminding me is how important sleep is for our mental health.  Yesterday was Thursday, my nap day.  I napped for a little over three hours late in the afternoon.  Then, I slept over eight hours last night.  I wasn't exactly full of energy today, but I felt better than I do with less sleep.

There was enough energy for me to get a few things done though.  One of those things was to weave.  I probably only wove for about 30 minutes.  Nanni, one of our cats, decided that she wanted attention and made weaving difficult, so I stopped.


Zed and Keziah are now owners of a new to them Kia Niro.  There will be more about that tomorrow. 

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...