Sunday, October 1, 2023

Pictures Paint What Color?

Some happy things from the last day of September:

  • The new car that Zed and Keziah bought is very nice.  It has things like seats that are heated AND air conditioned.  I haven't driven it yet, maybe tomorrow.  The ride is smooth.
It is more orange than red.

  • Most of the day was spent at Keziah’s store.  We got more product on the floor, but not as much as was donated today.  Things are changing there, including the hours for next month.  

We filled the car up twice with donations!

The people used to shop at Zayre's!
My mom used to work for Zayre.

  • After we closed the store, the others went to a local art gallery.  I didn't want to be with that many people so I walked through a nearby cemetery.  I only saw a small amount of Blossom Hill Cemetery  because it is so big.  The sunset was pretty from the top of the hill.  I took a series of pictures, eventually zooming in most, if not all, of the way in with the camera on my phone.  It did some interesting things to the color, but I like the effect. 




This picture probably shows the closest color of the sun.

  • In the evening I untangled some yarn.  I didn't take a before picture, just mostly done and done pictures.  When I don't have a time crunch or other external pressure, I find untangling things relaxing.

Lavender yarn.
I hope the colors are better for you, dear reader.  This looks pink for me.

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...