Monday, October 23, 2023

Celestial

Happy Monday!  It was a pretty good day, here are some happy things:

  • Yesterday I did quite a few word games, mostly Sedecordle.  When I fell asleep I was still trying to complete the 11 letter, 16 words within 21 tries, Sedecordle.  I was able to complete it when I woke up this morning.  It was the first time I tried that particular version and I was thrilled to get it done.


  • There is a little plot of land that I have had covered to kill the weeds.  I covered it, then forgot.  I uncovered the area today, dug it up and planted a bunch of crocus that I bought and three iris that someone gave me.  Because it was covered for so long I had pretty much killed the soil. So, I fertilized it and added potting soil as well as covered it with mulch.  Hopefully, come spring, there will be crocuses. 




  • While walking to the backyard to dump stuff into the compost area I saw a deer bounding away in the back.  
  • Another time walking to the back I followed a butterfly so I could get a picture of it on a dandelion.  


  • In the afternoon I went for a walk with my friend, Amy.  We saw ducks, crows, and pretty fall foliage.  It is always good to walk with her.




  • The Inktober prompt for today is Celestial.  I had a hard time with this one.
It is supposed to be an ocean horizon with the moon rising on one side and the sun setting on the other.  Again I say that I am not an artist.  I am enjoying the creativity involved though.

Finished listening to: Dark Lord of Derkholm, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...