Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Saddle

 Some happy things from this really long day:

  • Work… I worked with a young kid that I hadn't met before.  When I say kid, I mean he is probably in his early 20's.  I don't usually end up working with people who like to talk, he did.  We had a pleasant conversation about careers, money, travel, and the Appalachian Trail.  
  • After work… I thought about taking a nap.  I did my DuoLingo and had some food, but the nap didn't happen.  The food was comfort food.  I doubt it would appeal to most people, I had crackers with milk and brown sugar. 
  • Then I switched cars with Keziah and headed for the Celebration of Life for my former boyfriend/partner who passed away a few weeks ago.  It still seems very unreal.  It was good to see his daughter, grandson, and sister. My nephew came down from Maine with his wife and son. That was a pleasant surprise.  Some friends that he and I hung out with also came.  I really enjoyed meeting the woman that was his current partner.  There were some wonderful stories told about his life.  It was good to know that he was happy.
  • I snapped some foliage pictures while I drove.


  • The prompt for Inktober is Saddle.  I've been awake much longer than I should be and almost didn't draw anything today.  I chose to use a pencil rather than look for a pen with ink.  My idea for drawing a horse, with a saddle, on the saddle part between two mountain peaks, was good.  The implementation leaves a lot to be desired.  I left my practice horse because there is no more eraser on the pencil.  Thank you, dear reader, for being a part of my art attempts. 

Currently listening to: Dark Lord of Derkholm, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...