Saturday, October 21, 2023

Chain

Today's happy things:

  • It was my turn to open the store (DIY Craft & Thrift) today.  Keziah and Zed wanted to check out a local auction.  They dropped me off a little early.  It was weird to be alone in the store.  I got things ready to open.  Just before opening time I realized that I put my jacket down somewhere, with the keys to the store.  That one minute of rushing around trying to remember where I left it felt like five!  I found it, and the keys, and the door was opened on time.  
  • Somehow, we are less than a week away from Concord, NH's Halloween Howl.  Stores along Main Street will be open later to allow Trick or Treaters to parade downtown and collect oodles of candy.  A person from the local newspaper asked Keziah if she was willing to use some of her space as a photo booth.  Costumed people can come in and take their own pictures with a Halloween backdrop.  This afternoon at the store we got an area mostly set up for the purpose.  Lighting proved to be a problem. There was too much coming down from the ceiling lights onto the top of our heads.  We covered one with a plastic bag and dulled the other with some chiffon fabric and it seems much better.  Yay!


  • Chain is the Inktober prompt for today.  

Currently listening to: Dark Lord of Derkholm, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...