Saturday, October 14, 2023

Castle

 Today was a happy day.

  • My protégé and I traveled together to the SCA event, Coronation.  Approximately every six months we get a new set Royals that step up and the old set retire.  That makes the Royals who stepped up today the 110th set.  The pair that just stepped down have been Royals four times.  This is the first time for the current pair that stepped up today.  It was really nice to spend time with my protégé. Keziah and family went to the event as well in their car.
  • We all arrived a little late and missed some of the first court of the day.  I got to play with a baby during some of that court.  I also got to see some friends get awards (during both courts) which is always nice.


  • My protégé took care of us after the morning court by bringing sandwich makings for our group.  I'm very grateful for that. 
  • During the second court of the day something wonderful happened.  Keziah was called into court and given a writ for becoming a Laurel.  What does all that mean?  A Laurel is the highest level award given for excellence in Arts & Sciences.  A writ is basically saying that if the person receiving it wants (feels they deserve) the award, show up at a particular event, prepared, and you get it.  The process is actually a bit more complicated than that, but that is the quick version (including bad grammar).  I am a very proud mother.


  • After the event, a group of us went out for dinner before the long drive home.  
  • The Inktober prompt for today was castle.

A few more pictures from the day...







Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Dark Lord of Derkholm, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...