Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Demon

 Some happy things from today:

  • A few years ago I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease.  Now, every year I get an ultrasound and blood work to see how my thyroid is.  The thing is, all my symptoms are light and my blood work is normal, so all we seem to do is monitor it.  Two years ago that meant a biopsy.  Today I had the annual appointment and the verdict is that there isn't enough change to warrant another biopsy at this time.  I'm good for another year!
  • It is October and the days are getting cooler.  I turned on the space heater in my room to warm myself up a little.  I like the coolness when I am out exercising in it, not so much when I'm sitting around the house.  The heater feels wonderful.
  • The Inktober prompt for today is Demon.  I had thoughts about this.  One was to try to draw a demon walking away–because that is what we want demons to do.  Another was that I should just skip this one.  I drew my picture before today's doctor appointment.  In hindsight, I should have drawn a thyroid!  Also, my pen is running out of ink.

Currently listening to: Dark Lord of Derkholm, by Diana Wynne Jones.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...