Friday, September 8, 2023

Goals

TF and I used to meet by phone every week to discuss our goals for the coming week and our successes from the week previous.  Life has been so busy lately that we haven't been able to talk as often.  Yesterday, I was thinking about that when I suddenly realized I hadn't paid my mortgage yet for September.  That is a monthly goal that I would have remembered if she and I made that time.  Oops.  It got paid yesterday and then I forgot to list it as one of my happy things.  Here are some happy things from today:

  • Most of the day was spent at Keziah’s store, DIY Craft & Thrift.  I helped with putting out more product.  We also moved things around some.  Keziah got a donation of a thing that winds up yarn.  That will help keep things more organized. 


  • The local newspaper printed the article about the store again (it was originally in the Concord Monitor around August 28th) in its free version that goes to everyone with an address in town.  This meant there was a pretty steady stream of people most of the day.  There are repeat customers coming in as well, and she has only been open a week.
  • Different friends stopped by the store today and visited, some worked for a while.  That is always nice.
  • There was a rain storm that came through late in the afternoon.  Gideon stood in the doorway to appreciate it.


  • In the evening I heard from TF.  She is waiting on a contract for a new job.  I'm very happy for her.  We also made tentative plans to meet on the phone to talk about our goals for the week.  
  • I know it has been hot here in New Hampshire, but they have had it so much worse in Texas.  Many days have exceeded the 100 degree mark.  I'm glad we didn't experience that here this year and feel bad for other parts of the country.

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Started listening to: Golda Meir: The Life and Legacy, by Charles River Editors.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...