Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Sweet Music

 Some happy things from today:

  • At work, the music was good and I was able to sing along with some of the tunes while I worked.  This is happening more often lately and I like it.  Last week I even heard a sea shanty by Stan Rogers!
  • Over the weekend my protégé gave me some of my favorite Oreos.  They are a wonderful after meal snack. I just try not to think about the gluten.  😉
Double Stuff is important!
  • Somehow, even though I didn't sleep super well last night, I was able to motivate myself to do dishes.  Yay clean dishes!
  • Today is my deceased father's ninetieth birthday.  For this I share a happy memory of singing with him and my mom on long drives.  Weirdly, I don't remember if my brothers sang along or not.  Maybe, because I was the youngest, I was in front between my parents and the boys would have been in the back, I just didn't pay attention to them.


Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...