Monday, September 18, 2023

Last Day

Some happy things from today:

  • For years I have been on an email list to receive an email with a word of the day.  There have been months that the emails are ignored, but lately I've been reading the word of the day and skimming through the weekly compendium that arrives to my inbox on Sundays.  This week one of the words was 'anachronism'.  I found myself more than skimming the compendium today and was not disappointed. Someone from Illinois mentioned the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) as an example for that word's usage.
  • Keziah and family arrived at the event in the morning.  It was really good to see them.  We ended up starting the fencing and fighting later than planned because a few more people arrived at the event and got me distracted.  There were only two fencers, so that competition was short.  There were four heavy list fighters and that competition took a little longer.  They were all a pleasure to watch.  
  • After the competitions we signed scrolls and held our court.  This is where we announce the winners of the competitions and award others for their deeds well done.  We had some minor problems with a scroll and stumbled a little, but I think it went well. 
  • Then it was pack down time.  Something happened with one of the attendees and I ended up following my friend who was driving someone else's car to Springfield,  MA so I could bring my friend back to her house in New Hampshire. I had a passenger on the way to Springfield that I hadn't met before.  It all went much better than my imagination led me to believe and I am glad for the experience. 
  • I let my phone get handed around for picture taking purposes (I forgot to take some early on) and I am grateful to those people for taking pictures.















Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...