Saturday, September 16, 2023

There is Internet!

Here are some happy things from today:

  • In the morning I heard that our cousin from Virginia, Evelyn, wanted to come and see Keziah’s store.  It was closed, but we made plans to meet with her there anyway.  It was another good visit.  She really liked the shop and gave some pointers on some of the jewelry that people have donated.
  • Keziah decided to stay home and not go to this weekend's event until Sunday, after the hurricane moves away.  I decided to go.  The drive to the site was mostly rural and very lovely.  As the sun set I stopped and took a picture or more.





  • It was mostly dark when I got to the event so I haven't seen much of the site yet.  It seems nice so far.  I am staying in a cabin with friends. There is room for eight and we are six.  It is so nice to have a cabin instead of a tent sometimes.
  • The one thing I did tonight is attend the cheesy bardic.  Cheesy bardic is when they bring cheese to bardic.  I got to hear a story and a song before we all just started talking.  One of the ladies there knows my brother in Maine.  It is a small world!

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...