Thursday, September 21, 2023

Some More Sadness

This is supposed to be my blog for happy things.  However, there are times (twice this week) when sad things happen.  I found out today that my former partner of many years passed away yesterday.  He was about six months younger than me.  I know that he had health issues but hadn't realized they had become so severe again and don't know what happened.  He and I were not meant to be a forever couple, but I have many fond memories of him.  He will be missed. 

Some happy things from today:

  • At work last night I inducted packages into the building.  One person unloads them, I put stickers on them and they travel down the belt to be stowed.  Anyhow, the person unloading for me and I did a little talking.  She knew about Keziah’s shop and is planning to go visit some time with her daughter.  That newspaper article Keziah was in really helped to get the word out!
  • There is a purple flowering plant that I didn't get close enough to to identify.  Here are some pictures.  Maybe I'll get some closeups tomorrow. 


  • Tonight was Open House at Gideon's school.  He walked us around the place like a tour guide.  It was great!  Here are some pictures from that:




Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Homage to Catalonia, by George Orwell.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...