Friday, March 10, 2023

Cleaning, Check!

If you read yesterday’s blog you may remember that I got a lot of sleep before writing it. I did go back to bed a while after writing the blog and fell asleep again. According to my FitBit I slept (broken into pieces) over twelve hours in a twenty-four hour period. And I was able to nap this afternoon in preparation to play Minecraft tonight. Other happy things from today:

  • There are a few things I need to do for the SCA event I go to every year in August. Since I run the camp of about thirty people I need to register for that camp. I should have done that in January, but I did do that today. 
  • I also registered myself to go to the event so that is paid for. 
  • I got some cleaning done before my nap. It feels good to get things checked off my list. 
  • Gideon, my grandson, is homeschooled. Today he started reading a book about the Revolutionary War. There were quite a few terms that he needed defined. Things like a malt house (tavern) and crying fish (when yelling out to sell something like fish). Terms that just aren’t used as much anymore. That was fun trying to remember what some things were.  Of course, I had to ask for the context because when someone just says, "What is 'crying fish?'" I needed more information too.  🙃





Currently listening to: The Geography of Bliss, by Eric Weiner

Currently reading: Camino Wandering, by Tara Marlow

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...