Saturday, March 25, 2023

I Went For a Walk

It was a long day and I am very tired.  Here are some happy things:

  • It was cold, but I went outside for a walk anyway. It was wonderful. There were birds singing and chirping. That helped remind me why walking outside can be better than pacing inside the house. I saw red-winged blackbirds, chickadees, crows, turkeys, and more.


  • There were trees along my walk with buds growing. Soon the buds will be leaves.



  • Part of where I walked through was an old mill area.  The mill buildings now have dance studios or medical offices in them.  Railroad tracks run through.




  • After the walk I went to the Scribe Schola to learn about calligraphy and illumination. Keziah taught two classes.  I attended at least four of the classes offered.  Whether I practice anything I learned or not is another question entirely.  


  • It was great to see people until that time of day when I got tired. I made it through and it was good.



Currently listening to: Angela’s Ashes, by Frank McCourt

Currently reading: Camino Wandering, by Tara Marlow

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...