Sunday, March 19, 2023

Colors

Keziah, Zed, Gideon, and I all traveled to Massachusetts to help a friend move. As we drove south there was less snow and more signs of spring. 

No snow at our friend's new home.

I was reminded of many years ago when I drove with my two children (Keziah and Bel) and my mother to Washington DC one spring to see the cherry blossoms. In NH the leaves hadn't opened yet but as we drove south things got more and more green. It was lovely and a happy memory. Now my mother is gone and I am a grandmother. Here are some happy things from today:

  • My current position in the SCA is being the Baroness of Stonemarche. My task for today was to paint the bathroom. It turns out that the last time our friend moved, the previous Baron helped by painting the bathroom. It was a memory she shared with me while helping me paint around a light fixture.
  • The bathroom was yellow, and now it is pink. I think I did okay getting it painted. Sometimes our happy things have to do with helping others be happy or relieving their stress. The pictures don't do a good job of showing the colors accurately.



  • We went out for ice cream on the way home. I got cake batter flavored with rainbow sprinkles. It was sweet and colorful.



Currently listening to: Angela’s Ashes, by Frank McCourt

Currently reading: Camino Wandering, by Tara Marlow

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...