Monday, March 20, 2023

Happy Spring!

Yesterday we drove 75 miles south where snow was scarce. Today, in the backyard, snow is not scarce, but it is definitely going away.  Happy first day of spring! Here are some happy things:


  • Our cats are not lap cats. They will be near their people, walk over their people, but seldom do they rest on a lap. This morning Nanni jumped up onto my lap, remained there, getting scratched, for maybe ten seconds before jumping off. Progress.
  • The temperatures are rising and there are other signs of spring. Prior to last week's snow storm I found a few plants that were coming up. I am happy to say that they weathered the storm with no obvious ill effects.


  • I also noticed two crocuses that have broken through. I have a huge amount of yard work that I should be doing, but I’m not there yet.





Currently listening to: Angela’s Ashes, by Frank McCourt

Currently reading: Camino Wandering, by Tara Marlow

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...