Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunshine After Snow

After watching some planting videos, I repotted the one marigold that sprouted last week. I'm not sure if it will make it but it was time to remove that seedling from the covered seed starter tray.  Other happy things from today:

  • In my struggle with depression I try to choose comedies to watch when I am by myself. When watching things with family or friends we tend toward Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Today I put on a movie that actually made me laugh out loud. Most of the comedies I've been watching lately have brought about chuckles but not much more. Don't ask me the name of the movie. It had Amy Poehler in it though.
  • I was reading a nature blog by someone in NH and they have seen crocuses and other spring flowers already breaking through the ground. We had enough snow yesterday that would have buried any here if they are up. However, I decided to look for signs of spring outside by examining the rose bush. Sure enough, there are the tiniest beginnings of new growth. The camera didn't capture it well but the sunshine was pretty.




Currently listening to: The Geography of Bliss, by Eric Weiner

Currently reading: Camino Wandering, by Tara Marlow

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...