Sunday, January 15, 2023

Secret

There is a small group of friends that meet most Sunday mornings to be creative at a local coffee shop. I’ve been invited to join them. They do writing, and so I tried to write a little too. I didn’t get very far though. I'm still happy to be included.  Other happy things from today:

  • For Christmas, someone enrolled Gideon in a monthly recipe/cooking club called Raddish. Tomorrow he will be making a meal for the rest of the family (I'll be sleeping). Because I won't be sharing the meal, I got to help him make the Secret Sauce today, so it will remain a secret from everyone else. It was fun helping him make the sauce and he is SO excited to make the meal for everyone tomorrow.

  • Our local SCA group had a virtual meeting.  One of the things I like best about the meetings is getting to see the faces of friends that I've been missing.  I also got a glimpse of a newborn baby! 
  • There was another gorgeous sunset this afternoon.

  • The day ended up being very busy and I didn’t get as much weaving done as I had hoped. The first pattern has been started though and tomorrow is another day.  I don't like stopping in the middle of a pattern.  I'm very tired though, so stopping is a good thing.

  • Keziah has been away all weekend and is back.  She had exciting adventures and stories to tell about the place she visited and people she saw.   


Finished listening to: Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman.

Currently reading: Fallen, by E Prybylski

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...