Monday, January 2, 2023

Self-talk

Here are some happy things from this second day of the new year:

  • After setting my mind to it, I got to work and wove for around an hour and 40 minutes this morning. I prefer to do the section I was at all at once rather than separating it into smaller parts. I also need to be more awake so I would rather not do it after work. So tomorrow after work, when I'm tired, there will be an easier section to weave. I'm very happy that I was able to get this done and can move forward with a good schedule.


  • For Christmas I got a teflon cover to go on the stove to make cleaning it easier. I finally made the time to clean the stove, really well, and put the cover on. I hope it works.
  • It took some convincing self-talk but I got myself outside for a walk by myself. It has been getting harder for me to do that lately. I even took a longer walk than I thought I would. There is a trail system that I can’t find a map for not too far from the house. I think I have only been on it one other time and it was flooded out so it wasn’t the best experience. There were sections today that were wet, but I went a good way down the trail. I didn’t try any of the spurs. The trail seemed to end at a swamp. I could see the road that could take me home just passed the swamp, but the trail doesn’t seem to go through so I turned around and went back the way I came. If I can find a way through to the other road, it would make a nice loop. Maybe someday I will find a trail map.
A puddle, frozen.

The end of the trail swamp.

These rocks formed a bridge over a small stream.



Reading the appendix part of: Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year, Joan Borysenko.

Currently listening to: The House in the Cerulean Sea, by TJ Klune.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...