Sunday, August 27, 2023

A Celebration of Life

 Some happy things from today:

  • A good portion of today was spent at a funeral and celebration of life gathering.  I knew the deceased, but not as well as I know his daughter.  These things are always hard.  There were quite a few people that I got to see, that I don't always get to spend time with, and that part was good.
  • From my vantage point at the cemetery I could see something hanging from a tree.  It turned and gently swayed in the breeze.  After the service I went to see what it was.  Someone had hung an old camera from a tree as well as some hanging decor.  My assumption is that one of the people buried there enjoyed photography.   What a special way to remember someone.


  • Another special way are the seeds that were given away at today's celebration of life.  He was a lover of nature, so it is a fitting thing to remember him by.

Some other things:
My hair is getting very long.

A sign we saw in Dover, NH.

Contrast.

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...