Sunday, August 20, 2023

Archery Day

Some happy things from today:

  • Too often I let things distract me in the mornings. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be a problem on work days. Today it meant I was later for archery practice than I would have liked. It also meant driving through Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. While waiting in line I spent my time watching the occasional bumblebee looking for flowers on the shrubbery. It was a pleasant distraction from a line that was moving slowly.
  • At archery there were more people this time. Two were fairly new and still learning. They did well. My score wasn't quite as good as it has been this summer, but still good for me.

  • Keziah and Zed gave the cats some cat grass. They get so excited and love eating it.

  • Art happened at Keziah’s shop today. A friend did some window painting, it looks really great.



  • Keziah, Zed, Gideon, and I went to see the Barbie movie. It was enjoyable and had some laugh out loud scenes.
  • Today is Bel's, my youngest's, birthday. They are 29 now. They live in Maryland and I miss them like crazy, especially today. I called them after we got home from the movie and we got to talk a little. It was very good to hear their voice.

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...