Thursday, August 17, 2023

Good Ending to the Week

Work week is over happy things:

  • This is obvious, but I am happy that my work week is over and I made it through my first week after a vacation. This was iffy for a while because I didn't feel well. Ginger helped and I made it through the shift.
  • There was a new-ish hire that I worked alongside. They were polite, quick to smile, friendly, and just a pleasure to work with. I'm not saying that there aren't other nice people at work, there are. I worked with some of them tonight too.  It made for an all around good night, except for not feeling well.
  • Usually I go shopping in the beginning of the week for food. This week I forgot a few things and have been getting my after work meals out. Today that included going to the ice cream place. My order was messed up and I didn't go back to fix it. However, I treated the rest of the family to ice cream and that made me happy to be able to do.
  • Zed, Gideon, and I watched some Star Trek: The Original Series. We haven't made the time to do that in quite a while. It was a good way to end the day.




Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Witch Child, by Celia Rees.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...