Monday, August 28, 2023

Hair Day

 Some happy things from today:

  • Too much of my day was spent being distracted by the internet.  It was a good distraction, as in things I enjoy watching.  Productivity lacked, relaxation did not.
  • At the end of the day, I accomplished most of the things I wanted to.  This included sewing my hair up.  Having my hair off my neck and not hanging over my shoulder where it can get caught in something is a good thing.  I have been asked how I do this so here is a brief explanation.  I put my hair in two braids and then use a large, dull needle with crochet cotton and sew the braids to my head.  Other types of yarn, string, or ribbon could be used.  I learned this from a friend and then further investigation on YouTube.

  • Some of my day was spent at Keziah’s shop.  I am thrilled to say that she made the front page of the Concord Monitor today.  

Currently reading: She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb.

Currently listening to: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, by Susan Cain.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...