Monday, May 22, 2023

Lazy Day

Some happy things:

  • This morning when I woke up I wasn’t feeling well. It made for a lazy day. I was supposed to go walking with my friend, Amy, but I canceled. I still made it out to the grocery store so I would have food to bring to work this week. This afternoon I am feeling a bit better than this morning, so that is good.
  • My lazy day had me thinking about technology and how much things have changed since I was a kid. The ability to say “Okay, Google,” and name a song to play is a far cry from the radios I had growing up. Battery or electric, the radio, and the attached antenna, had to be put in just the right place to get any reception. Even then the music might still contain static.
  • The irises are not quite ready to open but they are getting taller. I look forward to seeing them bloom.



Currently listening to: The Librarian of Saint-Malo, by Mario Escobar.

Started reading: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, by Lori Gottlieb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...