Sunday, May 28, 2023

Rhododendron and Iris

Some happy things from today:

  • This morning I was going to try to mow the lawn before it got too warm out. Zed got out there before me to mow and I am happy and thankful for that.  I did other things like dishes and cleaned the bathroom instead.
  • Keziah made a puff pancake for breakfast. When she pulled it out of the oven it was puffed up more than twice the height of the pan. Gideon thought this somehow defied the laws of physics. Keziah told him that it wasn't the laws of physics, it was the laws of chemistry that it was following. I thought this was very true, and funny. I should have taken a picture.
  • When I did get outside I was happy to see that there are now six blooming irises in the front triangle and one in the back by the shed.  The rhododendron is finally blooming too.



  • I was surprised to find Winston on the windowsill by the stairs.  I didn't know that he could get there by himself.




Currently listening to: The Librarian of Saint-Malo, by Mario Escobar.

Currently reading: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, by Lori Gottlieb.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...