Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday!

Some Saturday happy things:

  • Last night I did a good thing and turned off my morning alarm. I actually got just over eight hours of sleep.  I even had a short nap this afternoon.  Sleep is so important!
  • The weather forecast said rain for today, but it didn't start until the afternoon. Between Zed, Gideon and I, some of the lawn is mowed, weeded and trimmed.
Cardinal

Paperwhites and irises (not yet blooming)

Lily of the valley

  • Keziah participated in a local pottery throw down. It is a small workspace so the rest of us stayed home. Thankfully a friend live streamed the event so we were able to watch parts of it while working in the yard. She won the first round and scored third place overall. Yay, Keziah!
  • It looks like sometime in the next few days there might be some irises blooming.
  • We met with friends for dinner. Great food and better company is a wonderful thing.

Currently listening to: The Librarian of Saint-Malo, by Mario Escobar.

Thank you for being part of my happy things. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

123123

Happy things from this last day of 2023: Yesterday I did the laundry for the rest of the family. Then, I started on the towels. Today this...